Search this Topic:
03/03/08 11:31 PM
Tags : None
Member Since: 03/03/06
04/24/08 5:17 PM
Member Since: 12/15/04
04/29/08 5:23 PM
From our thread when it first came out: http://travellingeternityroad.yuku.com/topic/644?page=3
forevermoody: - IT ROCKS!!! In short, it's all that and much, much more.
- ...for me this is better sound than the CD. I have a half decent surround system and I'm hearing things I didn't before, especially the voices coming
from the center channel. Awesome!
- Justin is very bouncy in this show -- on the rockers and the ballads.
- Did I mention how bouncy Justin is? And smiley!
bluemoodywoman: - it's fabulous
- I just loved it. Its like having a front row seat right in your own living room.I love the way the cameras worked on all the band, and the closeups of the
guys hands sometimes while playing. You defintely won't be dissappointed. I agree with Sue, next to RED Rocks, this dvd is definitely way up there. It will
sure get me ready for the shows!
spiritdreams: - Wonderful Dvd!! It is so well done! Love the camera angles, the colors, the quality of the music....everything!!! (except for that sherbert
- It has to be by far, one of the nicest I've ever seen!
cheryls: - I was impressed by the photography and especially the sound quality. John sounded really, really good. (Justin always sounds good.) I enjoyed
the interview part too.
AnubisBlue: - I thought it [the interview] was great. I finally heard some new things, not the same old stuff.
- The concert was great also. The voices were right on, as well as the playing. Justin and John's voices were the best I've heard.
- Graeme got his fair share of the spotlight, and rightly deserved it!
- What makes this DVD special for me is the inclusion of a few "special" songs, such as Forever Autumn, Are You Sitting Comfortably, and Higher and
- Her [Norda Mullen's] flute playing brought the songs to a whole new level. Bernie's voice/sound was controlled here, and enhanced the vocals
- Overall, this is the best musical performance I've seen the band do ever. I thought RAH was great, but this beats it.
- The lighting just doesn't seem to add anything. It's too raw. IMHO I would also liked to have seen more of the background photos
- I think those of you who haven't seen it are in for a real Moodies treat. Make sure your sitting comfortably for AYSC. It's worth the price alone.
- I...noticed in my second listening that Isn't Life Strange fell flat on it's face. ToSoL as well, at least vocally..
- The Voice was fantastic and Justin's power chords on Slide Zone absolutely blow me away.... That's the heaviest guitar sound I've heard him make
Ppoo: - The rendition [of Isn't Life Strange] on LTSY DVD is pretty awful. The timing is way off and inconsistant throughout. This is one of those
songs that severely lacks w/o Ray. The backing of Norda and Bernie does not compensate. It detracts.
justinlady: - I love the concert. I can even cope with Justin's pink shirt.
rainbow glo: - To me, this is without a doubt the best quality video I have seen yet from them. If I had any complaint at all, it would be my usual one,
that Justin doesn't let loose, and I feel like his smiles were sometimes forced.
marcie5053: - ...have really enjoyed it almost every day. I especially love the interview!
EyeofOdin: - With 6.1 surround sound and a booming subwoofer, this DVD absolutely rocks. Justin's voice was stronger than I remember it being for an
entire show. Norda absolutely was flawless on the flute. Graeme proved to be quite a showman, doing an Irish jig while dancing across the stage. Gordon show
his versatility, playing not only a second flute to Norda and keyboards during Forever Autumn, but kept the band moving with superb drum work. Paul and Bernie
were great on the keyboards and Bernie's backup vocal at the beginning of Are You Sitting Comfortably absolutely was haunting. John, always a rocker with
Steppin In A Slide Zone and I'm Just A Singer, also the composer with Isn't Life Strange, and nothing short of the consummate performer.
The DVD could have showcased Bernie a bit more. But that aside, this DVD was perfection as only could be delivered by the Moody Blues.
- I used the 5.1 setting, which my receiver converted to 6.1. I also turned up the center channel one notch, and turned up the overall volume by 4 notches over
what I normally listen to. The subwoofer is not set very high as it doesn't need to be to cause a rumbling throughout the house.
MasNem: - ...it's great!
CapriUK: - I love this DVD!! I've watched it twice today and, husband-willing, I'll go through it a 3rd time tonight! It rocks!!
- I turned the sub right down and that solved the problem of the drums, and suddenly John's bass showed up! I then set the audio to 'dolby digital'
instead of DTS....the lead vocals were massively improved, the backing vocals worked properly and you could hear John finger-picking the 'tele' on ILS!
It was a totally different experience
- If I have a complaint it's the camera work....for me the camera was in the wrong place a few times, there are times when it cuts from person to person
quickly...felt a bit dizzy occasionally! Thats a minor issue though.
summerfields: - it's a real treasure for me (us), and the greatest treasures of all are Forever Autumn, Higher & Higher, and December Snow
- Forever Autumn is especially precious, and very, very well done, imo. Also, I love having this great copy of AYSC and The Actor
- He's [Gordon Marshall] an absolute pleasure to watch
ShannyLou: - Image Entertainment did a great job. The camera angles are really cool - fast paced and interesting. It's great having a current recording of
a concert - and having Higher and Higher recorded for posterity (and current enjoyment!).
- Justin sounded great
- Not too many audience shots, and there wasn't any closeups of any one person, which is good.
Member Since: 06/27/06
05/07/08 5:26 PM
Member Since: 07/01/08
07/12/08 3:54 PM
Member Since: 02/14/07
07/20/08 5:38 AM
07/22/08 1:09 AM
Member Since: 10/05/08
10/05/08 10:14 AM
© 2017 Yuku. All rights reserved.